Date(s) - 25/10/2018 - 26/10/2018
Piraeus is a port city located within the Athens urban area in Greece. The Port of Piraeus is the largest Greek seaport and one of the biggest in the Mediterranean and Europe servicing about 20 million passengers annually.
Piraeus has developed a Blue Growth Strategy 2018-2024, main axes of which are:
- blue entrepreneurship and innovation
- integration of port functions with urban functions and uses
- tackling the impacts of climate change on coastal urban areas
- circular economy (with emphasis on waste from restaurants, cruise ships, and so forth)
- the reduction of CO2 emissions
- the digitization of the services of the Municipality
- upgrading human skills and the position of enterprises in value chain systems.
In this context, Piraeus joins for the first time the Climathon initiative aiming at solutions concerning the issue of marine plastic litter.
More info here.