Date(s) - 24/02/2021
17:00 - 18:30
Κατηγορία(ες) Δεν υπάρχουν κατηγορίες
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
Open Data Watch has just released the 5th Annual Open Data Inventory (ODIN) Report. This report presents a snapshot of the global progress on open data and analysis of the ODIN 2020/21 findings that were released in early December 2020. This report is released along the sidelines of the 52nd session of the United Nations Statistical Commission- an opportunity to further develop and increase the value of the workstream on open data started at the 49th session in 2018 (Agenda item 3(c)). ODIN is the only global measure of the openness of national statistics, covering 187 countries in the latest edition. The index is currently used by many countries as a benchmark of their progress to open up statistical data in their country.
The event will be 90-minutes long. A welcome by the hosts, including remarks on the state of open data in official statistics, will be followed by a panel of five speakers from NSOs who each will share their experiences in implementing successful strategies to improve open data, as well as the challenges they faced and future projects. These presentations will be focused on what has worked and where challenges and barriers remain, as well as advice for other NSOs looking to achieve similar successes.
- Francesca Perucci, Chief of Development Data and Outreach Branch, UN Statistics Division
Presentation on results of ODIN 2020/21 Annual Report
- Jamison Crowell, Open Data Manager, Open Data Watch
A panel discussion with five NSOs on how they were able to achieve their progress
Moderated by Shaida Badiee (Managing Director, Open Data Watch) with the following speakers:
- Latifa Alshehhi, Head of Smart Data Section, Federal Competitiveness Statistics Centre, UAE
- Burt Collymore, Database Systems Engineer, Central Statistical Office, St. Lucia
- Iwan Sno, Director, General Statistics Bureau, Suriname
- Akrom Sultanov, Department Head of Open Data Portal, UzStat, Uzbekistan
- Ruth Minja, Principal Statistician, National Bureau of Statistics, Tanzania
Q&A with audience
Remarks summing up presentations
- Eric Swanson, Director of Research, Open Data Watch
RESOURCES FOR THE EVENT
- Open Data Inventory 2020/2021 Annual Report (Available on February 24th)
- ODIN website
- ODIN Social Media Kit
Click here for more info.Όλες οι εκδηλώσεις