Date(s) - 13/06/2019
Κατηγορία(ες) Δεν υπάρχουν κατηγορίες
The European Union open data competition
The third edition of the EU Datathon is organised by the Publications Office of the European Union, in partnership with the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
The EU Datathon is a competition aiming to further stimulate the use of open data issued by the European Union. It allows competitors to showcase their data skills and innovative ideas.
Furthermore, it offers them the opportunity to network and gather support in order to continue developing their ideas after the competition.
Participants are invited to develop apps and interactive visualisations offering new services or public information insights to citizens, public authorities and businesses. They have to use at least one dataset made available by the EU institutions, agencies and bodies and combine it with at least one dataset of the competition’s partners.
The participating teams can compete with their apps in one of the following challenges:
- Challenge 1: Innovative ideas through EU open data
- Challenge 2: New insights into economics and finance
- Challenge 3: Tackling climate change
The competition is supported by the European Parliament’s Preparatory Action ‘Linked Open Data in the European Public Administration’ and the European Commission’s ISA² programme (interoperability solutions for public administrations, businesses and citizens).
Joining the 2019 competition gives the opportunity to win one of the financial prizes in each challenge:
- 1st prize EUR 15,000
- 2nd prize EUR 7,000
- 3rd prize EUR 3,000
- The European Central Bank;
- The European Commission’s Directorate-General for Budget;
- The European Commission’s Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs;
- The European Commission’s Directorate-General for Energy;
- The European Environment Agency;
- The European Investment Bank;
- The European Investment Fund;
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations;
- The Joint Research Centre of the European Commission.
Click here to register.
Click here to view the Agenda.Όλες οι εκδηλώσεις