Date(s) - 22/08/2020 - 23/08/2020
Κατηγορία(ες) Δεν υπάρχουν κατηγορίες
FrOSCon is the 2-day annual event organised by the Department of Computer Science at the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, with the help of FrOSCon eV. The event gathers an exciting programme of lectures and workshops for visitors of all ages who want to use, learn about or develop free and open source software.
What is FrOSCon?
FrOSCon is the annual event of the Department of Computer Science at the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, which aims at gathering open source software enthusiasts to exhcange ideas and discuss the latest developments of free and open source software. FrOSCon aims to offer lectures on current developments in the entire field of free software and open source, such as:
- Operating systems development;
- Legal issues;
- education; and
Due to the current health crisis, FrOSCon 2020 will be fully online. Registration can be done for free here.
This year’s edition of FrOSCon launched a call for papers on a selection of topics regarding free software and open source, namely:
- Antivirus Software – How Open Source Software Can Help Overcome the Crisis
- The market regulates this – video conferencing: zoom in on the big blue button in the team
- (Working together) despite Corona – what we learned on the way to the home office
- Data protection vs. Fighting pandemics – who protects our data from the virus?
- Clouds on the horizon – what happens if there is no more space in the cloud for your app?
- Infrastructure as a scalability issue – Need more bandwidth, VPNs and everything
The complete Call for Papers can be found here.
References and virtual location: https://www.froscon.de/
Click here to see the program.Όλες οι εκδηλώσεις