Date(s) - 28/09/2020 - 29/09/2020
Κατηγορία(ες) Δεν υπάρχουν κατηγορίες
MootIEUK 2020: Virtual event… with a twist!
Join Moodle users all around the world for this virtual event with a twist. MoodleMoot UK & Ireland is our annual conference dedicated to users, developers and administrators of the very popular open-source Moodle LMS, where we share good practices, insights and tips, and also facilitate hands-on workshops on the use of Moodle in education, training and research.
- Connect with our community of educators, instructional designers, L&D professionals and open-source developers in Ireland and the UK.
- Learn from good practices, insights and tips on successfully using an LMS to meet e-learning goals in Education institutions, Workplaces and more.
- Join in on social events, win prizes, network and have fun at the virtual quiz, online scavenger hunt or interactive sing along at the end of each day.
Mark Glynn from DCU is back as Master of Ceremonies to help navigate us through the new format and thread together this new reality we all live in. (His time fighting zombies in hand to hand combat in Virtual Reality has prepared him well).
Recordings: All standard presentations will be pre-recorded as on-demand sessions which will be available for a week before the event and 3 weeks after for participants.
Live Sessions: There will be three types of sessions: Open Mic sessions, Panel Sessions and Meet the expert sessions.
- Open Mic: A set topic is chosen for the 60-90 minute session. The goal is to create a point of contact for listeners and the speaker. Attendees can also “volunteer in the session” to contribute or share for 3 minutes of their own experience.
- Panel Sessions: 5-6 presenters who have pre-recorded presentations on similar topics will exchange their thoughts and handle real-time questions submitted by attendees during a live session.
- Meet the Expert Session: A topic expert answers a combination of pre-submitted questions and real-time follow up questions from the participants.
Workshops: There will also be 90 minute active training workshops on different topics, with one or two facilitators doing the live sessions. Hope to include topics such as: developer hackfest, UDL, ABC to VLE, Using Quiz, Summative Assessments, Formative Assessments, MEC Module, Course Templates, Accessibility in Course Design, Course Baselines, H5p, Facilitating the Online Classroom.
Regarding the general structure, we will set up special interest groups in Moodle for collaboration, resource sharing, discussions and message groups which people may join as they wish.
Presentations which will be pre-recorded will be provided with their own “course” in Moodle.
Each course will contain an abstract, video, slidedeck (as ppt), presenter and discussion forum to ask questions/discuss the presentation.
Virtual Social Events
The 2020 MootIEUK with a twist will also include live interactive events to draw each day to a close and to encourage networking (and lots of fun!).
Proposed events include:
- A live automated online quiz, which will include round by round prizes
- An online scavenger hunt (gathering items from your home) with round by round knockout Virtual musical chairs
- A good ole moot sing-along, where people can sing a song or play a tune- live or recorded.
The date for the MoodleMoot UK & Ireland will remain from the 28th – 30th September 2020. Switching to online was the necessary step to help keep each other safe in these unprecedented times. Because of this change, attendees will receive the following:
- Each attendee will receive an extra ticket for a colleagues to attend and take part as well
- Each attendee will be receiving a personalized MoodleMoot package in the post including a Moodlemoot t-shirt and travel mug and other goodies!
If a company has extra tickets which will be unused, they may be distributed to other clients or returned to the batch!
Click here to register and to get for more info