Date(s) - 11/03/2021
19:00 - 20:00
Κατηγορία(ες) Δεν υπάρχουν κατηγορίες
From 11 February 2021, for six weeks OFE will host leading Standardisation and Open Source organisations to speak about their approach to how Open Source is changing Standardisation.
This is also building on work done before, for example by the JRC study “The Relationship Between Open Source Software and Standard Setting”, but also OFE’s work on “Standardisation and Open Source – Bringing them together” for the Commission.
- Emilio Davila Gonzalez, Head of Sector, ICT Standardisation, DG CNECT, European Commission
- Knut Blind, Fraunhofer ISI, TU Berlin & Mirko Boehm, Open Source contributor, Daimler (tbc)
- Jory Burson, Lead Community Manager, Open Projects, OASIS Open
- Gaël Blondelle, VP Ecosystem Development, Eclipse Foundation; Managing Director, Eclipse Foundation Europe
- Adam Newman, Senior Director Innovations Development & Operations, IEEE SA & Silona Bonewald, Executive Director, IEEE SA OPEN
- An IETF representative (tbc)
- Andreas Lamm, Team Leader, ICT Standardization, DIN, CEN/CENELEC
- Ultan Mulligan, Director, Centre for Testing and Interoperability, ETSI
- Patrick Lüthi, Secretary General, Ecma International
- Seth Newberry, Executive Director, Joint Development Foundation, Linux Foundation
- A W3C representative (tbc)
Agenda will be announced
The OFE Lounge will be a series of after work online sessions held every Thursday starting mid February. It aims at bringing together standardisation and open source organisations to share their approach to the evolving role of open source in standardisation. The aim is to support information sharing between relevant standardisation and open source organisations, to help organisations in learning from each other, facilitate best practice sharing, identify opportunities and challenges and also to inform policy makers and all other interested parties.
Click here to register