Date(s) - 28/10/2021
17:00 - 18:30
Κατηγορία(ες) Δεν υπάρχουν κατηγορίες
The European Commission committed to present a reinforced interoperability policy by Q2 2022. The new policy will be based on the learnings from the ongoing evaluations of the European Interoperability Framework and the ISA2 programme and on recommendations of the Expert Group on interoperability of European public services. A wide range of emerging or persisting needs of different stakeholders for future actions on public sector interoperability have already been collected and it is time to start discussing on the legal possibilities of translating the needs into concrete action.
In this 1,5 hour workshop on Thursday 28/10/21 from 16:00 – 17:30 CET we want to dive into several challenging questions like:
· Between guiding implementation and influencing policy design – What is the EU right to take action in the field?
· What kind of governance for public sector interoperability is needed and who should be involved?
· What kind of issues need binding interoperability agreements and for whom?
· What are issues that could profit from incentives in law?
We want to explore these and other questions with the help of different interoperability experts. Among them:
· Joep Cromepvoets, professor for Information management in the Public Sector and senior researcher in the domains: e-Government, Digital Government, Public Sector innovation, GIS, and Spatial Data Infrastructures at KU Leuven,
· Laurence Diver, Postdoctoral legal researcher at the cohubicol ‘Counting as a Human Being in the Era of Computational Law’ project at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and co-founder, with Mireille Hildebrandt, of the new open-access Journal of Cross-disciplinary Research in Computational Law (CRCL).
· Sachiko Muto, Chief Executive Officer of OpenForum Europe (OFE), a Brussels-based think tank that promotes openness in ICT and a level playing field for open source software, researching at TU Delft on the social and political implications of technological change.
· Arne Pilniok, Assistant Professor for Public Law, Public Administration and Legal Education at Uni Hamburg, researching on legal questions of digital public administration in the European context.
When is it taking place?
Thursday 28/10/21 from 16:00 – 17:30 CET
How can I register?
Register here by 26/10/21.Όλες οι εκδηλώσεις