Date(s) - 12/07/2021
14:00 - 15:30
Κατηγορία(ες) Δεν υπάρχουν κατηγορίες
We are delighted to invite you to the virtual roundtable:
Demystifying European Digital Sovereignty
July 12 – 13:00 /14:30 C.E.T.
The concept of “sovereignty” (either regarding data or technology), side by side with the notions of “strategic autonomy” or “trust”, has been a key driver for EU digital policies since the end of 2019.
However, there is no “one-size-fits-all” definition for this term: widely diverging understandings persist throughout Europe depending on national traditions, industrial supply chain positioning or business interests.
Also, we have often been able to observe (with regret) that it is not easy to set up Europe-wide discussions on this matter. Since viewpoints frequently diverge from one part of Europe to the other, his situation frequently leads to polarized positions, with the risk of misperceptions due to a lack of understanding about the positions, challenges and constraints European tech players may be experiencing.
Join us for a dynamic and open discussion around the meaning and implications of the notion of European sovereignty in today’s digital world. This panel of experts will join us virtually from all over Europe to give their insight:
- Yann Lechelle, CEO of Scaleway
- Bert Hubert, co-founder of PowerDNS
- Erja Turunen, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, GAIA-X board member
- Jeff Bullwinkel, Assistant General Counsel and Director of Legal and Corporate Affairs for Asia Pacific & Japan for Microsoft
- Peter Ganten, entrepreneur & CEO of Univention, chairman of the German Open source Business Alliance/ industry association for digital sovereignty
The roundtable will be moderated by Mr. Chris O’ Brien, European Correspondent at Forbes.
Let’s get ready to take on this complex topic together!
Click here for more info.Όλες οι εκδηλώσεις