Date(s) - 20/02/2020
The Open Source and Digital Transformation conference is a one-day event organised by the Portuguese Agency for Administrative Modernisation (AMA) and the Association of Portuguese open source software companies (ESOP) to promote the use of open data, open source and data reuse.
The conference will take place at the National Laboratory for Civil Engineering, from 9am to 4.30pm.
The Open source & Digital Transformation conference
The Open Source & Digital Transformation conference is an event organised by the Portuguese Agency for Administrative Modernisation (AMA) and the Association of Portuguese open source software companies (ESOP). The conference focuses on the value of data, especially in the fields of Big Data analytics and Open data. Participants will have the possibility to attend workshops on the open source data management software developed by Syone and the Apache Kafka open source stream-processing platform.
Attendance is free of charge.
- 9H00: Reception and Registration
- 9H20: Welcome
- 9H40: Open Data: from the obligations of the New European Open Data Directive (2019/1024), to the value created for entities and citizens (AMA / TicAPP)
- 10H10: Relevance of Big Data in organizations as a way of promoting knowledge (Syone)
- 10H40: Q&A
- 11:00 AM: COFFEE BREAK
- 11H20: Open Lisbon: Lisbon Open Data Portal – Implementation Case Study at Lisbon City Council – CML
- 11H50: Kafka in big data – Case Studies of using the Apache Kafka tool in big data projects in different domains – Linkare
- 12H20: Data Analytics @ Mitramiss – Case Study of the Ministry of Labor, Migration and Social Security) – MITRAMISS / Syone
- 12H50: Q&A
13H00: FREE LUNCH
- 14H30: Hands-on Workshops:
- Workshop 1: Kafka (Linkare) – In this session we make an introduction to kafka with a demonstration of the message processing model in a high availability environment appropriate to “big data” cases. The question will also be addressed: how can we get the best out of this solution? Apache Kafka presents itself as an open source stream-processing platform capable of handling real-time message feeds, suitable for big data scenarios.
- Workshop 2: Elastic (Syone) – Get to know and learn how to use the leading Open Source solution in data research, analysis and treatment, which makes it possible to centrally address several use cases, allowing you to discover the expected and uncover the unexpected.
- Workshop 3: Sharing Open Data on data.gov.pt ( AMA) – In this workshop we will show that it is possible to share data in a few minutes on data.gov.pt, and what are the best practices to adopt when contributing with new data sets, including the ideal formats for publication. This workshop will be based on real practical examples of sharing and reusing data sets, adapted to various user profiles, with or without programming experience.
Please note that attendance to the workshops is limited to 20 persons. Workshops are scheduled simultaneously.
16H30: End of Event