Date(s) - 01/11/2022 - 03/11/2022
Novotel Venezia Mestre Castellana
Κατηγορία(ες) Δεν υπάρχουν κατηγορίες
When: November 1st-3rd 2022.
What: Three days to continue the grow of the Reproducible Builds effort.
As a follow up to the five previous reproducible builds workshops in Athens 2015, Berlin 2016, Berlin 2017, Paris 2018 and Marrakech 2019 the reproducible builds folks met again! And just like previous years, the heart of the workshop are three days of moderated sessions with the goals outlined just below.
As previously, the exact content of the meeting will be shaped by the participants, these are our main goals as organizers:
- Physically meet each other after such a long time! ;-)
- Update & exchange about the status of reproducible builds in various projects.
- Improve collaboration both between and inside projects.
- Expand the scope and reach of reproducible builds to more projects.
- Establish space for more strategic and long-term thinking than is possible in virtual channels.
- Brainstorm designs on tools enabling users to get the most benefits from reproducible builds.
- Work together and hack on solutions.
- Discuss how reproducible builds will be usable and meaningful to users and developers alike.
There will be a huge variety of topics to be discussed. To give a few examples:
- continuing design and development work on .buildinfo infrastructure
- build-path issues everywhere
- future directions for diffoscope, reprotest & strip-nondeterminism
- discussing formats and tools we can share
- sharing proposals for standards and documentation helpful to spreading the reproducible effort
- and many many more.
The event will take place in Mestre, Venice, Italy.
Click here for more infoΌλες οι εκδηλώσεις