Date(s) - 23/06/2021 - 24/06/2021
Κατηγορία(ες) Δεν υπάρχουν κατηγορίες
Experts from around the world talk about open source software in modern corporate information systems at OW2con’21.
The world needs a vibrant European open source ecosystem. As open source software has become mainstream how do we ensure it creates long-term value for all and enables good jobs and digital sovereignty across societies? The growth and sustainability of the ecosystem depends on the success of its stakeholders: open source projects and developers, open source foundations, systems integrators, software vendors, and users. We all play a part through our technology choices, our best practices, our engagement with other players. We each have a vested interest in the well-being of other stakeholders. OW2con’21 will address the many challenges of ensuring a sustainable European open source ecosystem.
Given the uncertainties looming on international travel in the wake of the pandemic, OW2con will, this year again, be an online event. We are nevertheless preparing a face-to-face community event in September that we will confirm in due time.
In a nutshell:
- OW2con’21 will be held as an online event,
- we are maintaining the event format: one day of online presentations and 1/2 day of break-out sessions,
- a catch up with an additional face-to-face community day will be organised in September if sanitary conditions allow it.
OW2con’21, June 23-24
This is our second online conference and from the experience gained last year we know it is safe to keep it simple. However as this is a community conference we do provide resources for interactions:
- a series of online presentations,
- all presentations to be recorded prior to the event,
- all presentations properly filed and ready for broadcast on conference day,
- all presentations to be supported by a dedicated chat channel for Q&A with the speakers,
- although presentations are recorded, speakers will be available online for Q&A with attendees.
Behind the scenes
We are reusing the platform that proved successful in 2020. Our technical solution has several crucial advantages:
- it is as open source as possible,
- it requires no client software installation,
- it provides opportunities for interactions,
- it is easy to deploy and to operate,
- it is robust and fault tolerant.
Click here for more info.
Click here to view the schedule.